HAPPY 2020 EVERYONE!! I hope you all are having a great start to your year so far!
Since I’ve been anticipating the New Year for a while, I’ve spent some time thinking about my personal goals for 2020, as well as some ideas for this blog. I wanted to share some of those goals with you today so I can not only keep myself accountable, but also let you know some things that will be coming up on the blog. So without further ado, here are my goals for 2020! :)
- Post on Mondays at 9 AM at least 3 times per month. This one has to do with consistency and motivation. Having a deadline to get my posts finished will help motivate me to write more during the week, thus getting my posts finished on time. I have also set a minimum number of posts to keep me on track throughout the month, so if my week is jam-packed and I’m not able to write, I have some extra room to work with.
- Start a ‘Word of the Month” series. At the beginning of each month, I’ll be picking a specific word to focus on for the next several weeks. I’ll write a short post about why I chose the word, what it means, and how I’ll be implementing it into my every-day life. Some examples of words would be Patience, Kindness, Forgiveness, Positivity, Self-Control, etc. I’ll be using this as a way to grow in certain areas, and hopefully to inspire others to do the same. (These posts will go up on the 1st of each new month, but since yesterday was January 1st, the first Word of the Month post will be on Monday, January 6th. Stay tuned for that!)
- Brainstorm and plan posts more frequently. I’ll admit – this is something I’m not very good at XD. At the beginning of each month, I’d like to set aside some time to plan out my posts for the following few weeks. That way, I can know exactly what I’ll be writing about over the course of the month. Pretty self explanatory, but it’s gotta get done! XD
- Reach 300 followers. As I’m writing this post, I’m just under 175 followers. I think that hitting 300 by the end of the year is a reasonable goal, and I will be thrilled if it happens! :)
- Read 1 Kings through Psalms. For the past year, I’ve been reading the Bible cover-to-cover, and I’m currently in the book of 1 Kings. It’s taken me much longer than anticipated to reach this point, especially since some of the Old Testament Books are tough to get through (specifically Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy). I will be very happy with my progress if I can read through Psalms by the end of 2020, since that’s about half-way through the entire Bible.
- Set aside at least 30 minutes in the morning to read the Bible. In order to accomplish the previous goal, I’ll need to get back in the habit of designating some reading time during my mornings. I had been doing this pretty regularly, but when things got crazy towards the end of 2019, I fell behind in this area. I’m very excited to get back into the habit of reading my Bible more often!
- Exercise at least 3 times per week. Again – I was doing this pretty regularly before our move in September, but I fell behind in this area, too, towards the end of 2019. I’m definitely looking forward to getting back into a consistent exercising schedule!
- Get my driver’s license. This one is pretty self-explanatory XD. I currently have my driver’s permit, and I’m old enough for my license, but I need to practice a lot more before I take the official test.
- Less screen time. In this day and age, we do a lot of things on screens, and I think most people will admit that they aren’t proud of how much time they spend on technology each day. I’d really like to take account of how much time I spend on screens, and use that time to develop some hobbies and interests of mine throughout the year. To do this, I’m only going to open certain apps once a day, and continue to stay off of mainstream social media platforms. (More on that in an upcoming post.)
- Stay on task. I have a tendency to get distracted pretty easily, especially if I’m being forced to do something I don’t necessarily enjoy. (Biology, for example XD) This year, I’m really going to focus on eliminating distractions and keeping my mind focused on my task at hand, especially since it will get done faster that way XD.
Well, there you have it! Those are my goals for 2020. I’m going to do my absolute best to stick to those goals throughout this year, and I believe that sharing them with you is going to keep me accountable for them. Let me know in the comments what some of your goals are for this new year – I’d love to hear from you! :)
I hope that you have a lovely rest of your week, and a great start to your New Year! Once again, Happy 2020 everyone! :D